Jo has been practicing yoga for over 30 years and teaching for over 7 years. Originally under the guidance of Barbara Currie and Ruth White at the age of 16 and from that time connected with the power of yoga.
Jo’s yoga lineage is T.K.V. Desikachar, the son of Krishnamacharya who developed the method Viniyoga to relieve suffering, re-establish freedom of movement, rebalance and strengthen the physical body, achieve a healthier mind. Small steps to connect to our true and ultimate selves and trust our hearts. Change starts from within.
Jo attended the British Wheel of Yoga foundation course with Sue Aslett and then further trained in London with Dr. Elena Voyce of Teach Yoga, who is a pioneer of therapeutic yoga in the UK and attaining the British Wheel of Yoga accredited teaching diploma. After many hours of teaching yoga, Jo wished to learn more about using yoga as a therapy and attained the Yoga Therapy Teaching Diploma with Yoga Campus. Jo also has an ITEC diploma in anatomy and physiology and has trained in relax and renew restorative yoga with Judith Hanson Lasater, prana vinyasa with Shiva Rea and mindfulness with Mindfulness UK.
A passion for everything that makes her happy, Jo brings her enthusiasm for the art of yoga to the mat and her classes are lively and engaging.
Fully insured with British Wheel of Yoga and certified in administering first aid.
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology
- BWY 60 hour Foundation Course in Yoga
- BWY 500 hour Teacher Diploma with Teach Yoga and Dr. Elena Voyce
- 560 hour Yoga Therapy Teaching Diploma with Yoga Campus including Viniyoga, Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Mindfulness and Meditation
- 60 hour Prana Vinyasa with Shiva Rea
- 60 hour Restorative Yoga with Judith Hanson-Lasater
- 60 hour Teen Yoga with Charlotta Martinus
Join Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.